The Caribana parade is just a few weeks away and I am ready to party and shake my bum bum. For those of you who do not live in Toronto, Caribana (now Toronto Caribbean Festival) is an annual festival of Caribbean culture and traditions. In fact, it’s the biggest Carnival party in North America! More than 1 million people come from different part of the world to take part in the festivities. My favorite part is the grand parade which will happen this year on August 1st. I just love the whole Caribbean vibe, music, and the costumes are ridiculously beautiful. This is the outfit I am planning on wearing, but who knows, I might change my mind. Here are few tips in case you are coming to party with us this year.
1. Be there on time to be part of the action.
2. If you can, get there by train or bus, because finding a parking spot is almost impossible.
3. Sunglasses, bottle of water, hats and comfortable shoes are a must
4. It’s going to be hot, wear something cute and fun
5. If your phone batteries die as fast as mine, bring an extra battery pack.
6. The crowd can be overwhelming, always stay alert.
7. Don’t bring any expensive valuables
8. Just bring your cute smile and get ready to party !
If you want to wear your bandeau like mine, make sure to wear strapless bra under it to keep your girls secured. For those who are still unsure, I would recommend also wearing one of those $5 bandeaus from forever 21 first, then add the fabrics on top. If you need a tutorial , please leave a comment below.